My Weight Loss Ticker!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sacfit Saturday!

Sacfit Saturday was not what I had thought it would be, but I have learned so much about myself and grown so much so I listened to the professionals and took their advice. I was supposed to run 15 miles - my first 15 miler ever, but after running the 10 mile race all on the street and at a faster pace in brand new shoes I was having ankle pain all week long. Frustrating pain because it didn't hurt all he time, only AFTER runs and not during at all. After consulting with our sports medicine guru on Friday he told me it was probably just inflammation because of the harder foot bed on the new shoes and the 10 miles all on asphalt and he told me to ice it and rest it and wear the new shoes around the house to break them down a little. I asked him if that meant I should run the 15 miler and he said it would be better to rest it, that resting it now wouldn't mess up my goal, but not resting it might. So I took my bike out and instead of running I was the mobile aid station and runner support for the group and it was so much fun! I really enjoyed being out there and ended up logging 24 miles on the bike! The farthest I have ever done!! The old me would have pushed it and ran anyway and probably injured myself more. So now I'm looking ahead to the 16 mile run next week and I already have part of my stuff prepared - I'm ready to stay upbeat and positive and know that I have the training to do this mileage!

No comments: