My Weight Loss Ticker!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Officially Registered!!

So the family is doing a new family tradition this year - we are running on Thanksgiving!!

My oldest son wanted to go to his fiance's for Thanksgiving and my parents have been asking for years to go out for dinner instead, so I thought - I could sign up for a community fun run and Matt can go to his fiance's and we could go out with my parents for a late lunch.

Benefits? Activity points before big meal! Lunch instead of dinner - not as much food! No cooking, cleaning and leftovers! Showing Logan how runners can help the community (the run benefits the food bank)! In bed early and not feeling too stuffed to sleep! No heartburn from eating too much too late!

Matt and his fiance are even joining us for the run before they go to her parents house. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Here is the run - http://folsomturkeytrot.com/

Folsom is the town where my oldest works and it isn't too far from where we are. Sacramento has the run to feed the hungry, but with over 25,000 people participating it is a little big for us.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I am so happy and excited for you that you have so much support in your fitness goals. That you have even one person supporting you, will make you all more successful, but your whole family. You have the golden ticket there!

Have fun and I'll be looking for an update!

Vicki said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving. Hope you guys enjoy the run.

Anonymous said...

I am excited to get some activity points before Turkey Day! Also, it'll be fun to spend some time with you guys! :D

-Jess

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! Looking forward to hearing about it.