My Weight Loss Ticker!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My first "run" outside!

I decided to take a walk outside and did several 1 minute run intervals. It was the first time my running shoes have been outside! I have only worn them either on my treadmill or the gym and I change back out of them before I go back outside after working out. I did do this too close to the time I ate dinner, so I felt a little sick and with the good old sacramento valley muck we have I came back wheezing, but I will have to get used to running outside, I don't know of any 5K's I can run inside!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Keep in mind too, that street running is much more intense than treadmill running. Running 5K on a treadmill is so much easier that 5K on the street. I'm not knocking treadmill running, it is just completely different and works your body in a whole other way.

Good for you hitting the street!