My Weight Loss Ticker!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sacfit Saturday!

Today was the dreaded cooper test. However I am always excited about the cooper test because it is a great gauge of how I'm improving. We met at the track and I did my volunteer duties while my hubby did his cooper test and then he came and relieved me so I could do mine. Essentially you run the track as far as you can in 12 minutes. The first season I only made it 3 times around and a bit more - part of that was walking because I couldn't run the whole 12 minutes. Second season I ran the whole thing, but had slower paces and faster paces and managed to do better - just a tad over 4 laps. This season I went out, ran the whole thing at around a much faster pace than I'm used to, finished it strong and managed to complete almost 4 3/4 laps!

On a side note - I got no less than 10 people come up to me at the run today and tell me in one way or another that they have really noticed my weight loss. A Co-worker commented to me that it looked like had lost a lot of weight just this week! (actually my last weight in was up but thank you very much!!) I can tell a difference in the way my body feels again and I'm in one of those periods where I do actually look in the mirror and see what everyone else sees!

On the challenge front - I have not stepped on the scale at home at all - I will be going into my weigh in tomorrow knowing I had a very good week and not knowing what the scale will say for the first time in a very long time!!

2 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

Your body is probably tightening up and that's what everyone is seeing. You r doing so great with your running! As always I am proud of you!

Cindie

Tammy said...

Look at you go!

You do my heart good!