My Weight Loss Ticker!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's all me!!!

I had a "moment" on Friday and it didn't really sink in until I told someone about the story today. Now it gives me goosebumps!

I went to a chiropractor on Friday evening with neck pain that was left over from Disneyland and I have never been to him so he had to do the whole "history" thing. I showed him my before picture (which I carry with me everywhere as my anchor) and he was amazed! His first question was "did you get bypass surgery?" My reply was "Nope it is all me!"

I have a ton of support, but those people can't be everywhere - they are not at work taking cookies out of my mouth, I have to make the choice to not eat them - they are not with me on the drive home when I pass 2 million fast food restaurants and don't drive thru and grab a snack - they are not there in the middle of the night when I could rummage through my kids candy stash but I resist (well they are there but they are asleep!). It is truly all me - Ultimately I have to make the choices and the decisions.

I have showed my before pic to countless people and that was the first time I had gotten that response - but I was so proud of my automatic answer - "It's all me!!!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I got goosebumps reading it!

-Jess

IdaR said...

WOW! That is really a cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Psalmist said...

Wonderful!

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

Fantastic, I hope to do that someday!!!

Tammy said...

Yes, it is all you! You made me cry a little bit! Goosebumps too!

I am so proud of you!!!

Big hugs coming across the miles.

Julie said...

This story touched me, because I have had this happen. I feel in our society too many people think I took the surgery and it was easy.
It's all me and as you know it's not easy.
It's a great feeling that someone you don't know made you feel powerful!
WOW!!

Michelle said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this....I can't wait for someone to ask me that LOL.
It is all you and you are amazing!
Michelle

Di said...

You hit the nail totally on the head with the truth of weight loss. Support is nice, encouragement is nice, gimmicks can sometimes be helpful, but the truth is that every moment, every choice, every action is all you. If it is not all you behind the effort, meaning if you are waiting for the perfect time, perfect plan, perfect scenario, it is not going to work. You still have to be the one that gets the job done.

Brightcetera said...

Very cool!

Very inspiring story because I'd like that moment, too.

You deserve all the kudos!