My Weight Loss Ticker!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Where does the time go???

I have all these things saved in my inbox - mostly quotes and such that would make great posts and I haven't had the time to write any of them out. I also haven't written about our trip to Point Reyes - although I did post the beach pic. I also have a pic of my food I take daily in my lunch and it is almost a month old and I have changed a few things in my lunch so now I need to take a new pic! Arggh! I have also been a slacker at updating my mileage ticker at the top of my blog so I finally did that and I jumped up by 44.4 miles!! Time to catch up just a little bit!!

This is our big accomplishment at Point Reyes! We toured a couple of beaches just walking along and hanging out and we kept talking about the Point Reyes lighthouse. I had heard stories about the lighthouse and how to get down to the lighthouse you had to tackle some stairs. We decided to drive out there and see what the fuss was all about. So we get to the parking lot and there is a little over a mile walk just to get to the light house. So we head on out. Once we get there we are greeted by the following sign.
Logan my 9 year old says he wants to go down so we decide we will do it. We start down and I basically run down the stairs in no time at all. It felt pretty good flying past all those people struggling to come up the stairs - but of course I was going down...





From the top of the stairs we couldn't see anything due to the fog, from the bottom where the lighthouse was you could see the ocean and it was beautiful! It was so worth the steps it took to get there and if we hadn't decided to do it we would have missed out. We take some pics, tour the light house and then decide it is time to go. I ask Logan if he is up to running the stairs back up and he says he is so we go for it. Hubby timed us and it took us about 4:30 to get all the way back to the top and a steady quick pace all the way up! We then walked the little over a mile back to the car very proud that we were able to do something that I don't think we would have even tried to do in the past. That sign (and all the people at the top of the stairs gasping for air) would have scared us off. and we wouldn't have gotten these shots!


















One of my favorite shots of the day even though the sun was in our eyes and we are squinting!

2 comments:

Emmett said...

Great job with the stairs!! The pictures look great!!

Fatinah said...

wow - great work, nice view AND family time!!