My Weight Loss Ticker!

Monday, March 14, 2011

A weekend update on a Monday...

This weekend was super busy and so I didn't have a chance to update on Sunday - it was full of wonderful activities!

Saturday morning was Sacfit and I did 7 miles which I ended up doing almost 100% walking - I walked with one person and we talked for a while and then she turned around early and I walked mostly by myself the rest of the way - it was nice to be with my thoughts and the 100% walking turned out to be a good thing in the end!

After Sacfit the Hubster and I visited a new cupcake shop that has opened up right down the street from where our running group meets. They were delish and I think it is going to be an after workout tradition! The place is called Payton's Cupcake Place and I highly recommend it!

After that we headed to the mall - I got three pairs of jeans that were badly needed because I only had one pair (yes I should really invest in some clothes now..) and I got two shirts from "Life is good" - I love their stuff, it is so soft and comfy! We also bought tea at Teavana (our new obsession) and we enjoyed a lunch out without a child since he was at a birthday party for the afternoon.

On Sunday morning I woke up and weighed - I'm down 1.6 for the week (only half the gain that I had - but that could be the fact that I ate out again on Saturday even though it was within points - salt content will throw my body off) and then the family headed downtown so I could run the Shamrockin' half marathon! I started out with two very fast walker buddies and my goal was to keep up with them and I did for the first 8 miles or so and then they kept getting ahead of me, then my goal was to keep them in sight, but that slipped away as well - they wanted to finish under 3 hours and I just wanted to finish since I didn't even know I was going to be running it until the day before! I had enough energy to run the last two miles straight and I came in 3:04:46 and it turns out my walking buddies faded a bit at the end and they only came in 30 second ahead of me! I'm very happy with my time especially since the first 8 miles was all walking - I sometimes can't believe what a quick walker I have become!

We had an awesome cheering squad all along the route and it was a great day - the rains held off until later on that afternoon and it was almost perfect weather to run a half marathon!

We also bought my little man his first pair of running shoes! We took him to Fleet Feet after the race and had him fitted - we have several events coming up that he will join us for and I'm super excited about him joining us on some of our adventures! He is finally showing interest in doing stuff with us and I'm going to take it while it lasts because I'm sure once he becomes a teenager it will be a different story!

Quick goal racap

Workout 4 days this week. - only got two days in because we bought a car in the middle of the week
No eating out or splurging unless I have the points available. - Accomplished!
100% tracking - Accomplished!

Going to stick with the same goals this week - I am going to have to be careful with my ankle - we went out to eat after the half-marathon and coming down the stairs at the restaurant I turned my ankle. Yes - Ironic... 7 miles on Saturday - 13.1 on Sunday and I turn the ankle coming out of the restaurant after our post-race meal... I iced it and it is wrapped and I'm going to baby it as much as I can - I see some bike workouts in my future this week....

I told you it was a busy weekend! I'm pooped!

No comments: