My Weight Loss Ticker!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back at Goal!!!

It's been a long time coming but I finally got my head in the game and got back at goal this morning! I had a great week! One that I started out the week with a high point day but then I met all my goals 100% and was rewarded with an awesome weight loss this morning that put me within my goal weight! I was down an amazing 4.6 pounds this week! I have a regular pattern of having big losses every so often and I could feel my body changing and more people were commenting that they could see that I was losing weight I knew it was just a matter of time and sticking with the program that I know works. I think changing up the exercise was a good thing for me - a little running, a little walking and a little stair climbing keeps me from getting bored with my routine and I plan on doing more bike soon and working some sort of upper body routine in there somewhere.

Saturday was SacFit and I decided not to do the 8 1/2 mile workout with the group (too much mileage last weekend and too many things going on next weekend - I needed a break) - I was going to take the boy out on the trail and do an easy 2 miles with him, but the weather was horrible and instead of making him miserable, we choose to go to the gym. I did 50 minutes of stairs and he played with some other kids in the child care and then we went back out to see the groups come in. Of course after the workout we headed to the cupcakery to get our after workout treat!

Next weekend will be a flurry of activity for me and the family - I'm taking part in the Fight For Air Climb in San Francisco - and that evening I will take BART into Oakland for the Oakland Running Festival's Twilight 5K - I'm meeting up with a couple of twitter buddies and after the 5K we will be having dinner at Miss Pearl's Jam House I don't know what I'm more excited about - doing the 5K and meeting new people or having dinner at the type of place I don't normally go to because it isn't exactly family friendly!! The Hubster and the boy will stay behind in SF and see a movie and get their own dinner.

The next morning is a Hike back in SF - the Barbary Coast Trail - it is an easy hike through some of the neatest areas of SF and I'm excited to show my little guy more of the city that he just loves! I'm hoping for good weather for the weekend and that the trip is enjoyable for my little guy - got to build on the excitement that he has right now!

So - goals for next week?

Workout 4 days this week! - This one stands because I need to workout - it makes me happy and offsets high point days :)
No eating out or splurging unless I have the points available. - This one I will do until Saturday ;)
100% tracking - Again, I will do this one until Saturday ;)

Saturday and Sunday will not be eat like a crazy woman days - but I will be pretty much taking those two days off. BUT - ONLY those two days off - in the past we have had a bad habit of saying "Well Saturday and Sunday are going to be bad so Friday doesn't matter and Monday won't matter either... I will not do that with this trip!

In the meeting today we talked about looking back to move forward - using a vehicle windshield as an example - you look in the rear view mirror - but only briefly and you mainly look through the windshield at where you are going, but it is still good to look back at where you came from so you can learn from it, but don't get so focused on the rear view mirror that you forget to look ahead.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! Back at goal! Congrats on a HUGE loss! Have a great time in San Fran! It sounds like it will be such a fun trip and full of activity!

thewwchick said...

Woohooooooooo!!!!!!!! I *knew* you could do it!

Foodie McBody said...

I'm SO EXCITED! And can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!