My Weight Loss Ticker!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

SacFit Saturday, Emotional Eating and Slowing Down

So it's that time again! Time for a Sacfit Saturday post! - today I walked with the walking group (aka the purple group) and I did 7 miles in 2 hours and I had a great walking partner today that was good for my soul. I have been struggling with my body telling me to slow down - first the overall feeling of fatigue that led me to the decision to step down from the Gold group 12:30 - and move to the red group 13:00 - that run didn't go so well either and my ankle started giving me trouble so I knew my next decision would be to stop running for a while and the Purple group so graciously accepted me (it helps that my husband is the color group coach!) and I'm now a coach for them! Then there was the bike ride that broke me that slowed me down even more. Then on Friday my Dad called me after undergoing some tests and he has been diagnosed with lung cancer. It is early stage and a very treatable type of cancer, but still the word cancer just stops you in your tracks. He will be undergoing more tests and once those are done he will get a plan of attack and I have promised to be there for whatever he and my mom need. After I hung up the phone I wanted to go have a burger and fries. I guess I thought that that would help me process my feelings, but we all know it wouldn't. I didn't get the burger and fries and in the week that has passed I have resisted every urge to emotionally eat. I have been on track 100% and I'm hoping that I will be rewarded on the scale with a weigh in within my goal weight in the next week.

Along with all the lows in the last two weeks there have been a couple of high points.

First my Weight Watchers location is having an open house on July 31st and they have invited me to be a speaker! I'm super excited about this opportunity to inspire people to join and change their lives!

Secondly I got an Email from the Public Relations Manager from Weight Watchers telling me its time to celebrate my achievement as a Weight Watchers role model of the year contest winner! They are donating 100 pounds of food (equivalent to my weight loss) to my local food bank and there will be a photo shoot with me and the food at the center. That will go out as a press release to all the local media and they decide whether to pick up the story or not, but the center I go to is in a small town and I believe at least that local newspaper will pick it up. My leader seems to know everyone and is arranging to have one of the board members from the food bank there as well! I'm excited about being able to give back to the local community!!

So as you see I have been on a little roller coaster of highs and lows the last couple of weeks and I feel like I have done a great job of not only resisting the emotional eating that I have wanted to do, but I'm listening to my body and slowing down for a little while and taking time to enjoy the little things in life.

2 comments:

CeLeStiAL PheNYx said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I live near your area and find it so hard to find great walking/running spaces where I won't find myself being disturbed or oogled. :/ But maybe I should stop making up so many excuses! Thanks for the motivational blog.

www.talyaraphaella.com

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry that I've been so bad a blogger friend, that I didn't see this post until today.

Sending hugs all around. Positive thoughts for your dad's diagnosis and treatments. Gentle hugs for your ailments and healing.

Huge congratulations to you with happy thoughts for your WW success and recognition. You deserve all good that comes your way!